Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Things Happen for one reason or another

Here I am, your typical college student procrastinating.. It's not that I have much to do right at this minute tho and actually I was procrastinating in a way that wasn't Facebook or any other computer distraction. Here I am, knowing summer is right around the corner, cleaning my desk drawer out. Fun right?! hahaha just kidding not so much. So I'm cleaning it out and come across two things a picture and a handwritten note. The picture appeared and I had forgotten it wasn't hanging on the wall until that minute. In the chaos of the past couple of weeks I sat it on my desk because it had fallen down and ended up sticking it in the drawer to keep it from not getting damaged. The picture obviously took me by surprise. Looking at it I noticed the people/person that was in it (one of those people being me obviously). It was a typical photo, summer, my hair was a hot mess, but I had this huge smile on my face. The other person in the picture seemed happy too. Moving into the back of my drawer I found some papers paper clipped together. Curious as to what was in this large stack I started going through the papers. And the first one I came across was a handwritten note. One that frankly I had forgotten was in there until I saw it. It too had a connection with the summer. Instantly memories came flooding back. I'm just throwing it out there that a handwritten note/letter has a lot of meaning and I think we can all agree its the best feeling in the world when you get one, especially if it says something like I love you.
After finding this note, I got to thinking how out of style writing real letters are. How no one does it anymore. I find it sad. Here's a lesson to all you men out there, want to be on your girls good side? Write her a letter. If she is a hopeless romantic like myself and any other girl I know she will love it.
Back to my original story tho, (sorry I got a little off topic) My point is that I think things happen for a reason. The picture and note popped out of no where. (Maybe it was the higher power above or maybe it was just  a coincidence) either way I think it happened for a reason. A reason to remind me that people enter and exit our life all the time (I think I've gone over this lesson b4). I think this happened to not let me forget all the good memories associated with it. And now I think I'm to the point where I'm rambling so..

3 comments:

  1. I love it! My dad writes me a handwritten note once a week and it always makes my day!

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mom used to put notes in my lunch every day and my friends would write me notes between class. Plus...I still have all the notes Taylor ever wrote to me in high school in my bookbag here. They are super special <3

    ReplyDelete
  3. Aww Emma you made a blog:)! My mom wrote me notes in my lunch too that was one of the highlights of my day

    ReplyDelete