Friday, April 15, 2011

Did you know that a carrot has a core?

So bored and once again being the college kid that I am I am in the middle of procrastinating. So I thought what the heck why not blog? So here is my attempt at procrastinating and letting you all know some random info.


1.) Did you know a carrot has a core?
 I had no idea I learned this last night at dinner. Lesson #17 you learn something new everyday. Let's be honest, I also googled it. It turns out its true although the core can be hard to find there is one. I also found out that a baby carrot really isn't a baby carrot.


2.) Nature's way into tricking people into reproducing...LOVE
- That is the definition that Urban dictionary has given me. Makes sense if your cynical about love. I don't know why this has been on my mind lately. Love letters have been filling the brain. I was in class the other day and my friend was telling me how her and her boyfriend were close to their two years of being together. She told me that she was writing 737 ( I think this adds up to specifically how many days they have or will be together)things that she loves about him and is then going to give it to him. I looked at her with this blank stare on my face, and then she showed me the pages filled with all the little things he has done that she loves. She was up to 500 something, by the time we were done with that class.. she had hit 600. I find this absolutely adorable. Lesson # 36 It's the little things that count.


3.) True life: Home is where the heart is
-  While away at college I realize there are somethings that I miss. Home cooked food, someone to help me whenever I needed it, volleyball, musicals. I mention the first two because they are obvious I mention the next two because...volleyball we will get there in a second.. musicals well my high school is putting on there musical this weekend. Grease. My favorite. I was always involved in the musicals when I was in high school and I absolutely loved it and miss it.


4.) The thing I haven't played for two years...volleyball
- This past week started the event called Greek Week! This is where all Greek sororities and fraternities compete against each other for fun. The other night a sister text me asking if I would go to the rec to help them practice. In the 20 mins that I played I realized two things.. 1. I miss working out working out, yes i walk 3x per week for 30-45 mins but I miss physically working out. It felt good to play volleyball something that at one time I never thought I would miss. I wish I could get motivated to do more physical exercise. 2. As the weeks have gone on I have become closer to some of my sisters. I'm glad to know that although I'm away from home I can have someone there for me to act crazy with or someone to just have a heart to heart with. In this thinking I'm glad I have gone Greek. Hottie Totties!
 AOE 
(Here is a picture from our philanthropy event Red Dress Gala)

No comments:

Post a Comment