Thursday, April 7, 2011

Forever Young

It has been a while since I've made a new post. The truth is I have had no idea what to write about, then it hit me. After watching Tangled, The Princess and the Frog, and Toy Story 3...I realized what had been on my mind a lot lately. Growing up. We all do it, we really don't have a choice when it comes down to it. But lets face it, growing up is hard to do.  Who doesn't like the thought of someone being there for you to make you feel better when your sick, to cook you a meal, to protect you, to simply ask you how you are feeling.  Some people grow up too fast never taking time to enjoy a simple experience. Whats more funny is how when we are young, all we want to do is grow up and be "an adult" and then when that time comes all we want is to be young again, to relive certain moments and to have someone there for us every minute of everyday (or close to it). Thinking more on this I realize I miss the normal-ness of things, I miss being a kid.  When you grow up you have to pay bills, have a career to pay for those bills which means a higher education, actually work at a relationship(s), and say hello to this big girl world (or big boy world, I won't discriminate.)  Lesson #13 as you say hello to this world be prepared for a wide variety of replies. Another thing to remember, is although we are all growing up take a minute to enjoy a peaceful moment or to think about a childhood memory.
Growing up gets complicated and sometimes you have to just take a minute and relax.
So if growing up becomes more then you can handle... think of things that take you back and stay forever young.
 Heres some of the things that I loved when I was younger:
  • Playing hide and go seek into what felt like the wee hours of the night(found this on Google)
  • Watching shows like Kenan and Kel, All That, Sabrina the Teenage Witch, and all the other little kids shows at that time including Barney
  • Popsicles ( I still love them to this day)
  • Playing outside all day and being dirty, but not carrying
  • Barbies (I had millions)
  • Reading 
  • Disney
  • And so much more
And to end well heres some food for thought:


"When you're young, your whole life is about the pursuit of fun. Then, you grow up and learn to be cautious. You could break a bone or a heart. You look before you leap and sometimes you don't leap at all because there's not always someone there to catch you. And in life, there's no safety net."
-Carrie Bradshaw


1 comment:

  1. let's eat popsicles and watch disney movies.
    LOVE YOU BOO!!!

    ReplyDelete