Saturday, April 2, 2011

Eat.Pray.Love.

Eat Pray Love a fabulous movie. Finally finishing it today, something was said that stuck out to me. "I thank God for fear."  Instantly I thought, "That's a weird thing to thank the higher order above for." Fear. Why would someone be happy about fear?.. We all have fears of something. Fear of a spider, fear of the future, fear of being alone, fear of dying. Why in the world would someone want this? Because truth be told, if we didn't have fear in our lives, we wouldn't worry. We definitely wouldn't have as many problems as we do. Thinking some more, I realized maybe fear is what keeps us grounded at times. Maybe fear is not such a terrible thing that we make it out to be. Fear is what keeps up at night it's what keeps us alive.  Thinking more about fears, I thought about one of mine. Losing something that I don't want to lose, something that I love.  It is fear that makes me constantly worry about this and truth be told fear that has pushed me to thinking I already lost this. Lesson #10 Life's a game and you win parts and you lose parts, either way you have to continue playing.  Although my fear frightens me, it makes me.. me. Without this fear would I not be the stronger person that I am today? Was it not that fear that pushed me into certain situations and that fear that left me battered and bruised at times? (I realize this sentence sounds very dark, and thats not what I'm going for). I guess my point is that fear can be good because fear makes us..us. It shapes us into who we have become and although that can be scary the ugly truth is its life. True you may over come a fear but once you get rid of that one, there always seems to be another one to take its place. You have to take the bad(or what seems to be bad) and make it good, no matter what the situation.
And yes I always add with the great Carrie Bradshaw but tonight I decided a quote from the movie would do just fine... Ketut : "Do not look at the world through your head; look at it through your heart."

2 comments:

  1. Frankie, have you ever read the book? It's excellent. I haven't seen the movie yet, but I really want to.

    ReplyDelete
  2. No, I haven't but now that you mention it maybe I should.

    ReplyDelete